whoa...is the name of this cake too much of a mouthful? hahaha..it is, right? But I think this cake deserve to be named as it is because IT IS a fudgy chocolate Milo blueberry cake with a healthy twist!
Fadhli's birthday and my little brother's birthday were last week!!! Happy birthday to both of you, Fadhli and Ayel!!! I bake this cake for you guys...tengok dari jauh je la yer...
cepatnye masa berlaluuu.. Ayel, why do you have to grow up so fast??...and semakin gemok lagi!! I miss you soo much Ayel!! i hope you grow up to be a great and successful person someday!! Aameen!
I miss you jugak, Fadhli ;)) soo..sooo..soo..very much laa.hahah!tak sabar nk balik Malaysia dah nii =_=
1/2 cup slightly sweetened apple sauce
2 Tbsp sunflower oil (optional to get better texture.)
1/4 cup brown sugar ( you might want to add more :9)
3/4 cup quark (or cream cheese)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup self rising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 sachets 3-in-1 Milo (add another 1/4 cup of sugar if you use normal Milo)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup choc chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175°
- Beat apple sauce, oil, brown sugar and quark about 4 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix well.
- In separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, milo, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add wet mixture into the flour mixture and mix at low speed until well blended. Dont over mix!
- Stir in blueberries and choc chips into the batter and pour the batter into greased 18.5cm springform pan and bake for 60 minutes..seriously..not more than 60-65 minutes..you dont want to end up with burning cake!!
- Let it cool for one hour
- Pour the ganache over the cake. Everyone knows how to make chocolate ganache, right? You can check the easy chocolate ganache recipe here. But i skipped the ganache part thou (save those calories, you guys!!)
Serving size : 1 from 8 slices.
Calories per serving (without choc chips&choc ganache) : around 180 kcal
Calories per serving (with choc chips&choc ganache) : around 280 kcal
The texture of this cake is different from a normal cake because i substitute butter/oil with the apple sauce. It is more of gooey and fudgy inside i would say but with a crusty outside..Nevertheless, i love it!
Eventhough it is a low fat cake, i dont think, i sacrifice the taste of this cake. Try and give it to your friend who does not give a damn about their calorie intake...im sure they will love it too!! ;p whatever it is, nothing can go wrong with MILO, right?
I can not gurantee that you will stop after one serving, thou..hahah......i've ate 1/4 of the whole cake in one sitting..healthy, much?!! super duper dangerous!! =_='
Lots of Love,