October 9, 2013

Recipe: Healthy 1-Minute Banana Mug Cake

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day...at least it is for me.. I can't function properly if i didn't get my oatmeal or even a slice of peanut butter sandwich for breakfast.. 

But today i thought i want to experiment a little bit with what i have in my kitchen. Have you ever heard about mug cake? I have heard so much about healthy mug cakes from Susanna Backman or she goes under the name @tastyhealth on Instagram. I've been following her for awhile now but i haven't try any of her recipe yet. Even today recipe is not hers, but she inspired me to create this recipe..haha

Without further ado, i'm gonna start with ingredients.....

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana
2 Tbsp wholewheat flour
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp stevia
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 egg white
1tsp vanilla essence 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
2 Tbsp milk/water





 Step by step:

1. Mash ripe banana in a mug.
2. Combine all the other ingredients in the same mug and stir well.
3. Cover the mug with saran/plastic wrap and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
4. Microwave it on high for 1 minute.
5. Let it cool for 1 minute and you can eat it with peanut butter, honey or even ice cream :)








Instead of consuming your empty calories such as nasi lemak or mee goreng in the morning...why don't you try something that is actually good for your body.  I would definitely consider this as my dessert as well :p

The choice is yours! Have a nice day!!

Lots of love,
Juitanis


1 comment:

crono said...

this looks good yummyyyy